Friday, June 8, 2012

Welcome Finley Marie.....

Finley Marie Traetow arrived on May 26th at 37 weeks. She weighed 7.1 pounds and was 20 inches long.

 I wasn't feeling the best at my appointment and had some symptoms of pre-clampsia. They decided it would be best for everyone if I was induced the next morning. Drake's birthing experience was rather easy and I think I was fooling myself thinking this would be the same.

Saturday morning started pretty easy. Got my epidural and was slowly dilating.  I was so lucky to have my doctor be on rotations that day. She broke my water and it was basically straight blood. They call it a placenta abruption.  I was rushed to the OR to have an emergency c-section. Brock had to wait outside until Finely arrived.
It was a very scary moment. I truly knew that I was in God's hands the whole way by being at the hospital when my water broke and not at home. Finley also had the cord wrapped around her next twice. When
I woke up I just hoped Brock stuck with the name we decided on.

She's absolutely perfect. The whole hospital stay was a rough one, but totally worth it when looking at her. I can't believe how much hair she has. Brock always laughs because I mentioned she had black hair on the ultra sound. Um obviously..since it's a black and white photo. Maybe it was mother's intuition.=)
She was a little jaundice, but is eating like a horse. She really only cries when hungry and loves to hang out at night.=)


 Proud big brother wheeling her in from the nursery.
 Nana/Papa Ruiter
 Aunt Bethy/Uncle Chris
 Nana/Papa Traetow and Uncle Chris
 
 My cousin Tom and his wife Barb
 All ready to go home....The outfit was a little big
 Brotherly love
 Tanning herself...trying to get rid of the jaundice

 My Aunt Jane and cousin Evan
 Aunt Megan

We're so thankful for family and friends who have visited us and helped us transition into a family of four.


No comments:

Post a Comment